Friday, August 22, 2008

Quit, For Your Sake!!

I was just eighteen then in October 1999.... That was the time when i had written this. Just attained adulthood, yet I had a strong hatred for cigarette smoking then. And it was then, when I thought I must do something to appeal to the people and explain to them the hazards of smoking. I myself didn't know much, but I knew that it took lives.... sooner or later!
Well now that I have become a bit techno-savvy and that I still continue to have the same grudge (or probably it has increased with time); I decided I should put this across for people once again. Hope this not only touches but reaches your heart, and gives an important message to all those who smoke....
I appeal to all of them......THINK and ...........

Quit, For Your Sake!

A small piece of paper, white in colour,
Some powder sprinkled on it, brown in colour,
Rolled into a cigarette, a carrier of poison.
An inch of fire, orange in colour.

It all started with smoke; with poison in his mouth,
he enjoyed the smoke, loved his life style.
Proud of his deed; he asked his companion,
To enjoy the pleasure; and offered him the poison.

It was one then and now they are two,
But three were more merrier, so they enjoyed smoke.
One day they were again two; One amongst them, left.
It all ended with smoke again; and there was nothing;
Nothing but his cries; Deafening the ears of mankind,
ceasing the lives of the innocent.

Quit, for the sake of mankind, For the sake of life!
Somebody needs you, cares for you, QUIT, for his sake!
It is you and only you; For yourself, QUIT for your sake!
Save your life and save yourself; make yourself a paradise to live in.
It is only if YOU TRY!!

- VAISHALI PARGAONKAR

2 comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain